Blogger templates

Sunday, January 2, 2011

2011 style



Its so hard to explain fashion trends, etc. I was trying to explain it to a friend, and i think this sums it up pretty nicely.

Basically since i dont actually like wearing second hand clothes that much, im combining modern pieces, for a vintage, yet fresh and modern look.

I also like to chop up my clothing. Sometimes a top has sleeves, and i dont want sleeves, so i chop them off, and the spare fabric i use to make hairpins, or  neckties. I like to plait together fabric for a cool headband, or shred them into little pieces for a pompom to put on the end of my beret.

I will just mention that i usually only chop up second items ive salvaged from op shops. Sometimes if i just like the fabric and it doesnt really fit me, ill cut up the entire top! But im too scared to touch new items.

Im also VERY inspired by gossip girl. So alot of my outfits are indie/preppy. Which is a mixture or modern pieces, vintage style, with handmade stuff, with a college, corporate/preppy look..... now im just confusing myself.

0 comments: