Blogger templates

Monday, March 21, 2011

Late night city adventures

Went to the city with some friends from the photography club i joined recently! We were supposed to doing long exposure shots of the city lights along the river. But i cbf'd with landscape and did portraiture instead!

None of these are edited.


Model: Pearl



I like how the light source if from directly above her in this photo. Usually i dont like that. I hate midday sun for shooting, because it makes the eye sockets turn into dark shadows, and the lighting is not very flattering altogether.

Shooting while the sun is going down in the late afternoon, is interesting because you get some awesome contrast between shadows on the face. But also annoying because everytime i change my angle on the subject, i have to change ALL my settings again. (I use my camera on manual 99.9% of the time, unless its a candid shot 0.01%).



This is not a very flattering photo of me (on of the reasons i dislike flash - its too harsh and highlights flaws very sharply, even with a diffuser), but ive put it up to show the amazing bokeh city lights produce!! Bokeh is my best friend.

0 comments: