Blogger templates

Sunday, May 1, 2011

Macaroon/Macaron

Most people who know me, know just how much i love french macarons (in english, macaroons, not to be confused with the coconut macaroon). I was introduced to these last year. 
Theyre made of almond meringue biscuits with butter cream on the inside. My favourite macaroons are the strawberry ones from the Lindt cafe. 
These buggers are really pricey though. $2.70 each take away, and $3.50 dine in. 


Strawberry macaroon i got from the Lindt cafe at Chadstone. I ate the rest of them. 


The buttercream is very sweet. Dont eat if you dont like sweet stuff. 


They crush so easily. I bought four (cost me $10.80!!!!) And some were cracked from just being placed on the counter. So i ate the damaged ones and saved this one. You only have to bite down halfway before the whole thing is in pieces. Yum though :)

The smart thing to do would be to make my own macaroons. But talk to anyone who has cooked them and youll realise why theyre so expensive. Theyre devilishly tricky to make. Even very experienced cooks dont get them correct even after a few tries. Very temperamental and sensitive. So i have no chance of making decent macaroons seeing as i cant even cook a pancake properly (why do they bubble??). I will attempt one day. 

0 comments: