Blogger templates

Saturday, October 22, 2011

Retail therapy

This is what happens when it comes to exam time. 
My second cambridge satchel arrived in the mail yesterday. So exciting. I got it shipped from a store called Davidmetnicole in sydney. 
 I got home from work to see this lovely big package awaiting me :)
 Its like pass the parcel! First layer, paper and wrapped with a ribbon. 
Bubble wrap! Im going to popping all the bubbles for the next few days now... 
Tada! Beautiful satchel. I was worried about the colour not being the same as the photographs ive seen, but its absolutely perfect and ive already worn it out twice! 
I wouldnt get anything bigger than a 13inch though, this already looks pretty big on me. 
 
Steph chilling at uni. 
Today me and my mum went on a MASSIVE cosmetic haul. She works in the city and has this corporate card to access a shop where all the makeup is discounted to ridiculous prices. 
If you dont know, Estee Lauder owns MAC, Clinique, Bobbi Brown, etc.... a whole shit load of top makeup brands. 
They have a store in the city where all the over production products go. The prices are incredible. Some of my stuff was only $10 when its like 50-60 in the shops. I cant believe i used to pay full price... Never again! Though ill probably never get to go again, it was a once off, they are incredibly tight with ID and security and its really restricted. Only certain corporate people can shop there and i had a pass for one day with my lovely mum...
Clinique is one of my all time favourite makeup brands. So i nearly went nuts when i saw all the prices. 
I already have a huge clinique collection. But today i also got: almost powder makeup spf 15, supermoisture makeup, clarifying lotion no 2, black honey cream eyeliner, all about eyes, chubby stick (my second one now), clinique eye palette, blended face powder transperency 3, superdefence moisturizer spf 15 and turnaround concentrate. 
From bobbi brown (they are more expensive), i got: tinted moisturizer spf 15, violet gel eyeliner (bb eyeliner is one of the best in the market), cream blush tint (i rarely wear blush - i can never get it even). And theres also a bobbi brown eyeshadow palette in that photo, but its not new. 
I dislike MAC greatly because i hate the retail staff and in store experience. They are incredibly snobby and rude and accused me of wanting to steal thier product recipe's once, when i asked what the ingredients in their products were. Ridiculous. 
I only got one MAC product, which was a mineral moisturizer, but i also use MAC prep + prime... unfortunately its the best on the market. Ill be restocking soon. Its really expensive but lasts a long time. I dont even wear makeup much. I used to wear it to uni, and work. But now i dont need to wear it to work, and cbf wearing it to uni. Its just a hassle. So i dunno when ill ever wear all this stuff...

I only got such a huge amount of stuff because ill never get good quality makeup for $10 ever again. Im pretty sure this haul will last me for years though...
I will reveiw my bags after exams. And i MIGHT reveiw my new makeup. Probably not seeing as most of you reading are guys, and therefore uninterested :P

Oh, by the way. Matt graduated! Finally! Yay!

 Rocking the graduation robes. 
 Me and Matt having a beer at Sir Johns Bar at Clayton. (I hadnt eaten anything the whole day, so i rocked up slightly tipsy to my next class lol.)
Of course i had to do a typical graduation "tossing hat" photo. 
 Twirly matt
Me wearing matts graduation hat and: a polka dot shift dress, flats, belt and my new RED satchel! I think my yellow satchel bag would have matched better, but it hadnt arrived at that point. 

0 comments: