Blogger templates

Sunday, October 23, 2011

Satchel matching

Ive been so excited about my new satchels that ive decided to do a post on them already. Ive been wearing them EVERYWHERE. They simply match with everything (either the red or yellow). So far, im loving them equally, but perhaps leaning more towards my yellow satchel. Ive already got a ridiculous amount of red in my wardrobe cause my favourite colours are shades of red, especially burgundy. (I also like cherry red, maroon, electric blue, canary yellow, i really love brown - its NOT a dull colour! And also burnt orange, turquoise/teal, navy, grey.... the list goes on. The only colour i dont really like is green. I think its because everytime i wear green it clashes horribly with my red hair and i look like an ugly christmas coloured leprechaun. 
This satchel is the first piece of canary yellow i have in my wardrobe and im loving it. Especially since this season is all about pops of colour and really bright, electric colours. Heels made of of suede leather in blue, yellow, orange, etc. And coloured shorts like yellow and red, which is awesome because i already have a few of those. 
The bag actually looks a little bit big on me. I wouldnt get a bag bigger than 13inch... especially in satchel style. 
This is the 13 inch classic yellow cambridge satchel. Can be found here.
Heres a better angle of my bag! Im wearing a blouse i picked up from a market at uni, and my mums old levi jeans cut up. 
My hair was done with no heat (as i have done for this whole year), I used 4 large curlers on dry hair before bed. Not using any additional products. 
Because the curlers and large, and my hair was put in dry, this gave a really loose natural wave, but it tends to drop really quickly. 
Lately my hair routine has consisted of: wash hair every 2 days using de lorenzo cherry red shampoo and condioner of terax creama. I leave both products in my hair for a good 3-4 minutes while im in the shower because i want my hair to absorb as much of the product as possible before i wash it out. Then i leave it in a small towel for about an hour while i finish the rest of my skin care regime, and then i use nak leave in conditioning mousse and a wide toothed brush. Then i blow dry on COOL setting for about 5-10 minutes, and then leave the rest to dry naturally! Or chuck in the curlers. Its pretty simply nowadays. You cant really see my colour in the photos anyway :( I blame lightroom. 
Im smitten with this bag :3 Isnt the pop of colour GORGEOUS???
Even though im wearing all different colours, they are all neutral except for the bag. Im loving neutral palettes right now, and i always try to incorporate a pop of colour somewhere..
Heres an extra outfit. Double bow outfit. I decided im going to return the box bag and get myself a pair of loafers instead. 
So i thought id put together a quick outfit with the bag before it was gone!
Ive gone for neutral palettes again... I feel like they would work well for spring, summer and autumn. 
Im wearing a thrifted cue pussy bow tank, paperbag shorts in brown from lolitta. Headband is from myer. 
My bag is pretty cool, but nothing compared to my satchels, hence it has to go...

BTW i have like a GAZILLION shoots lined up for after exams!!! Look forward to posting those... right now i have nothing to post but this crap lol.  

0 comments: