Blogger templates

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Vintage low french braide bun

This is gossip girl inspired! With the big satin bow headband :)
This only takes about 10 minutes if youve done it before. Lately, ive been wearing my hair up all the time. It looks classy and neat, as an updo, and then later when i take it out, its all messy and curly! I am using a technique similar to pin curls. 
Need: comb, headband, about 15 bobby pins depending on how thick your hair is. 
1. Puff up the top of your hair by using a comb to comb backwards. (I haven't done this here)
2. Separate a section on either side of your head for later. 
3. Loosely french braid main middle section, and twist the bottom into a loose bun.
4. Flatten the loops and pin with bobby pins. 
5. Put headband on. 
6. Twist strands on either side of your face, away from face, curl around finger, and pin loops into side of main bun. 
7. Adjust as necessary.
8. If uneven (as mine was), pop a barrette, or something, to fill up space. (Mine is the black flower) 
Sometimes i dont bother putting in the headband until last. I just wedge it underneath the twists of hair that are pulled back. Its really important that the twists go OVER the headband. 
Side view. Photo credit to my sister. 
 I did originally finger wave my fringe. But it didnt stay. 
Wear with some nice dangly earrings. 
This is how ive been wearing my hair to work for the last week. I also get to wear the jewellery in the store i work at. I can always find nice dangly earrings to match. Last shift, i wore onyx and marcasite vintage drop earrings. We're allowed to wear them because often they look better worn, than in the glass cabinets! 

Just a note: once you take this hairstyle out, your hair will be curly and messy, and only needs minor adjusting before its ready to wear out again! 

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Ok, your photos are amazing!

Tanya said...

Holy crap, that's amazing!!!! Wish my hair was long enough for this, but even then i don't think i can do that.

Blush and Flats said...

amazing !

Jazzy E (Hivenn) said...

You have the most amazing hair colour ever. x hivenn